Frequent asked questions
Answers to your often asked questions on how we work.
- How do we start? What's the pricing?
Everything begins on the first meeting where the idea/project is evaluated regarding requirements, dates, technology and delivery date. That's the starting point to define pricing.
- Project details. We need detailed descriptions on your company procedures regarding the current project (full confidentiality guaranteed, more on this below). The delivery dates depend on the project needs/characteristics and our study on the procedures. The delivery date is mutually agreed.
- Quotes and pricing. The estimate pricing detailed on the quote is valid for 60 days.
- Payment systems: cash, direct deposit, wire transfer and Western Union. Depending on the case we can cooperate on exchange work. Pre dated cheques are not accepted.
- Payment scheme. We use the model : 20/35/45. 20% to begin, 35% usually at half of development and the rest (45%) on the final delivery. Work can be divided on stages depending on the size of the project.
- Invoices: an invoice is given for every payment unless the client needs a different schema. Our invoices are company-invoices, not "pequeño-contribuyente".
- Do you work without the first payment? No project can start without the first payment, our agenda makes impossible to to assign resources to unpaid work.
- Pauses. Any payment delay beyond 3 weeks leads to the immediate pause of development.
- Additional costs. Any meeting is possible inside the city perimeter, we can also do long distance work (Skype). Any task or work beyond our specific work hours (8:00 18:00 Mon-Fri) or outside the city will involve extra costs that will need the client approval before proceeding.
- Penalties and delays. Depending on the case or project, penalties might apply to both parties regarding delays on deliveries, this also includes the work material we need from the client (any delay from the client might apply to penalties if the final delivery date is compromised). This also includes low quality material (because it also delays our work).
Work agenda / system
- Initial meetings. The first meetings give shape to the work plan, dates and requirements of the project.
- Partial reports. Any advance is reported to the client on regular basis, especially on every stage of work described on the agreement.
- Graphic modifications.
The graphical stage involves rounds of modifications so we can get a final design choice. Any approval of such materials is expected by mail, paper, Whatsapp, etc so we all can keep clear record of mutual agreements. Any changes outside this stage might imply extra charges.
- Development & coding. We will not proceed to develop any platform or software unless we have written approval by any media (mail, sms, Whatsapp, Skype, etc).
- Extra modifications. Every modification need written approval by any media: mail, sms, Whatsapp, Skype, etc. Any verbal changes will have to be backed by an official request as described.
- Deliveries and stages: (alpha, beta, production). All the software projects involve 1-Alpha, only Kebris has access and preliminary tests are performed. 2-Beta (might involve the client) and involves extra tests with debug messages (don't worry if you see any message used by us to trace or diagnose problems), and then 3-Production/live, this is the final delivery. Sorry we don't give public access while we are on alpha stage.
- Team involvement. A maximum of 2 representatives on each party is allowed to avoid misunderstandings. We avoid any proyect involving multiple depts of any company, this means their needs haven't been coordinated internally yet.
- Training and manuals. All the projects involve training of at least 2 members of your company, it also involves printed or digital manuals for use of the final app.
- ¿Backups? Always. We perform automatic backups every week and every month (in fact we do partial backups daily), such task is done between 18:00 to 22:00.
- Maximum time assigned to projects. We will be loyal to the dates described on the mutual agreement/contract, sure we consider risk margins. In case of any major delay we will proceed to alert by mail or any written media and also suggest alternate ways to speed up the processes. If needed, the project might be divided on chapters or stages. We reserve our right to cancel any project taking longer than respectably accepted. Refunds or penalties might apply depending on the case.
Confidentiality and ownership
- Confidentiality. All the projects and ideas belong to the respective authors/companies during any stage of the work. Not a single detail will be shared with anyone outside the team or company unless this is requested by the client. Our work takes place on a private network with secure connections.
- Ownership. All the material developed by Kebris belong to their respective clients. Pictures, designs, etc might be asked at any time and will be delivered in the ideal format (this doesn't apply to code). Exception: no material will be delivered if the client is not up to date on the payments.
- Domains and registrations. We can manage your domains, no problem. Keep in mind all the domains belong to the respective clients. If a client wants to switch to another company there is no problem, the domains will be returned to the owners (as long as the fees are paid on time). Renewals: we will notify all the clients with the respective fees and critical dates, we won't hold any responsibility on lost domains which renewal fees were not given on time.
- Our own servers.
We don't develop software on servers we don't own or manage, this is the only way we can guarantee private access and security. Sorry we won't build or configure third party infrastructure unless it's part of the agreement.
- Partial or final deliveries. We send partial reports on every stage, but we won't deliver partial code, only final apps.
- Security exceptions.
Depending on the case, if asked by the client, we will explain any security risk by using certain apps or third party hosting. We are not responsible for any malfunction or data loss on solutions we don't recommend.
- Our own platform. Some of our platforms are private, of our own. Depending the case some of our solutions might be only available on our hosting service and not outside. This is the only way we can guarantee privacy and safety of our code.
- Delivery to other servers. Any install needed on servers outside our own must be discussed at the beginning of the project, if not extra fees might apply. We are not responsible for servers outside our infrastructure.
- Available technologies. Any technology imposed by the client (due to specific needs or choice) will be discussed before any agreement. Any risk will be documented, we won't be responsible about solutions we don't recommend.
- Cancellations. All the projects involve a mutual agreement. Cancellations performed by the client don't apply to refunds. Exceptions, penalties and percentages might apply depending on the case.
- We reserve our right to reject any project disturbing peaceful interactions, social controversy, any kind of offensive material or that might lead to ideological or religious controversy/provocation.
- The same applies to any kind of projects spreading messages of doubtful authenticity.